Monday, January 26, 2009

The Storm

I thought this story was very tense. I loved how the author described the storm through out and made it sound like it was going to be the last of everyone. Bobinot and Bibi, I assume, were stuck in some sort of store where they as safe as could be. Bobinot buying the shrimp for Calixta showed me that he loved her very much and was thinking of her the whole time. While Calixta was at home she seemed very worried about her husband and child. As she was running around the house to prepare for the storm, a neighbor named Alcee came upon the house to comfort her. Now to me, I don't feel like they did anything wrong. Alcee seemed like a good neighbor coming around to check and see if she was OK. Does the story say that they actually kissed? I feel like Alcee has a feeling towards her but wouldn't jeopardize that with Calixta. I feel that the moment during the storm brought a love from Alcee to Calixta which made the letter he wrote sound as though he didn't want his wife to come back home. When Bobinot and Bibi came home it sounded as though that Calixta wasn't thinking of Alcee at all and showed love to the two she cared for the most. I pictured this story in my head as movie with the scene cutting from the house to the store. I pictured a "Little House on the Prairie" setting down south where the houses weren't built to withstand storms such as this. In the end I didn't leave the story feeling that something wrong had happened. I felt that Alcee did what was right and everyone was happy in the end.

No comments: