Monday, January 26, 2009

The Storm

I thought, "The Storm", written by Kate Chopin was a very well written story. When i started reading this story I thought I was going to be reading about a storm that happened in a town and it was going to be someones experience during it. Boy was I wrong, it started out the way that I thought it would with a father (Bobinot) and son (Bibi) at the store picking some stuff up for his wife to bring home to her. Then a storm came so Bobinot decided that him and his son Bibi should stay at the store till the storm passed. I couldn't believe that his wife at home ended up doing what she did with a friend (Alcee) that she hadn't seen since she got married to Bobinot five years ago. Alcee needed a place to go to get out of the storm so he went into the house with Calixta, I still am unsure with how far they took it and what they all did if the just kissed and made out or if they ended up having sex but I think the author did that on purpose so your imagination could imagine whatever it wanted to. What I got from it was that they didn't have sex but did about everything else. I was a little confused with why Alcee went home and wrote his wife Clarisse a letter I think he did it out of guilt. The reason I don't think that they have sex is because I don't think that at the end it would have said that after the storm was gone everyone was happy. I don't believe if they did more then making out with each other and if they had sex with each other I don't know how everyone would be happy knowing they cheated on their spouses.

No comments: