Friday, January 16, 2009

A Christmas Story

In all honesty I don't really understand the point. I assume, after reading that there must have been a few accidents with the silos in their county and one was a close by neighbor. The begining starts out with a woman who, to my assumption seems to be sick. I don't really have a guess as to why she may be ill. At the end of the story the man takes his sons toy plane to drive by the neighbors and as he does this he remembers the Christmas he had boughten the plane for his son. I am not quite exactly sure why there is a significance to the ending of this story. There could have possibly been an accident with their silo and their son could have been injured of even passed away; due to the fact that he was never mentioned in this short piece of the story.

My overall response to this story is that I think it does not have enough information but it really allows you to use your imagination as to what happened before this. The story gives you some answers but it's up to you to uncover the truth.

No comments: