Monday, January 26, 2009

A Rose for Emily

In this story I feel that Emily is stuck in the past. She is stuck in the past with her house in the way that she leaves it how it was. It is never remodeled and no one ever fixes it up. Emily likes everything the way it was. She doesn't pay taxes and she likes how the town just takes care of her. She lives in a routine where everyday is the same. When her boyfriend tried to leave her and mess up her routine she couldn't let that happen. That is why I think she poisoned him with the arsenic. The rose painted room is the same throughoutthe story. I think that it is wierd how she has her old boyfriends body laying in the bed in the rose colored room. I find it even wierder that her hair is on the pillow. I draw the conclusion that she had to of still layed with him. This story was a little confusing for me. I had to read over a couple parts more than once in order to get the full effect. Overall I like this story. It has a good but odd ending.

No comments: