Friday, January 16, 2009

A christmas story

When I first read the story I didn't quit catch on to what was happening, but after rereading it it started to make since. I believe that in the first couple of paragraph a man and his wife are arguing about the silo on their farm and how it is dangerous because they have been exploding. I think something must have happened to the boy because the talk about how the room across the hall was empty. I think the two are arguing about how its not save to have the silos because they have already caused a death and some to lose their hearing.

In the end paragraphs he ride in his little boys plane that they had bought him the Christmas before and reminisces about the gift. He rides the plane down the driveway and looks at what is left of the neighbors farm. I think these paragraphs are significant because he is remembering what things use to be like before these hard times.

No comments: