Friday, February 13, 2009

"Where are you going, Where have you been

This is quite an interesting story and does happens in a real life. lots of teenagers gets into trouble due to certain awkward behaviors which comes with that particular stage in life. Considering the age of the central character Connie, she was just fifteen and that was a perfect age when teenagers to find identity and wants to feel like they belong and they are also been noticed. As a young girl in the story, Connie was always looking for attention and was what got her into trouble with Arnold Friend a guy who wanted to take advantage of her innocence by putting fear in her and touchering her emotions.
I felt so bad for Connie at that part of the story imagining my self in that kind of situation, thinking about my family's safety and my own life either to go with him or my family gets hurt. This story actually made me remember a story my mother told me about how she lost her twin sister when they were young in about the same age with Connie, to make a long story short, she said her sister lost her life on one Christmas eve when she sneaked out of the house after their parents has gone to bed and attended a birthday party with some friends and on their way back had a motor accident of which three out of five of them died which a sister was a victim. Teenagers does not see the implications of their behavior until the unexpected happens like the situation Connie found herself in with Arnold Friend.

No comments: