Friday, February 13, 2009

Doe Season

When I read about Doe Season it reminded me of my home town. Allot of people there where hunter's so I have herd allot of stories and seen allot of dead deer. When the story would describe what the woods looked like and the deer that Andy had seen, it was like I was there with her. I could imagine the trees and the snow. I could also see them all in orange vest and all of their hunting equipment.
I think this story tells allot about Andy and how she is growing up and finding herself. Andy seemed to want to prove herself to her dad but also a little to the other men that were with them since her dad had told them how great she was. When she told them how she had seen deer when she was finding firewood, the boy Mac didn't believe her. Later when she found them again and had to shoot the doe it seemed like then she didn't want to she wanted the doe to run. When she pulled the trigger she didn't realize what she had done. At this point I think she just did it to prove to her dad and the others that she could do it.
When she had her dream about the doe I think that when she put her hand inside the wound and felt the heart that, that symbolized that the doe was just as alive as Andy was. I think that she realized then that hunting probably wasn't for her. I also think when she felt the blood and it was burning her hand that, that symbolized the hurt that she had cause the doe.
At the end of the story where they found the doe and she was dead and Andy ran away and did not want to see the intestines being pulled from the doe she then knew that she did not want to be called Andy anymore meant she did not want to be that person anymore maybe wanting to be the girl she was suppose to be.

No comments: