Friday, February 13, 2009

"Doe Season"

The story "Doe Season" I thought was a very interesting story about a girl Andy whose father took her out hunting with his friend and his son. This story hit close to home because i come from a family of three girls and my dad's friends have all boys in there families. Before my dad had three girls he was just like Charlie and his son didn't believe that girls were suppose to do things like hunt or work in the fields. But he changed his mind because my two sisters both hunt and growing up we helped on the farm. The description in this story was very well done it made you feel like you were right there in the woods with Andy on her first hunt. It also described and made you envision what Andy was going through when she shot the deer and how she felt afterwards. The dream that she had about the deer and her putting her hand inside the hole that she had shot was crazy. When the author described it though I could totally picture her sticking her hand inside the deer touching the heart and burning herself with the blood and then pulling it out with blood all over her hands, that part of the story was very well described. I think that Andy realized in the story that she loves to be outside and with animals but that she loves them too much to kill them. I also loved how the story showed how close a bond between a daughter and a father can be and is. It just reminded me of my life and how my dad would do anything for me or my two sisters and how he would stick up for us.

No comments: