Friday, February 13, 2009

"Doe Season"

"Doe Season" really hit home for me. As a female hunter you have that feeling of trying to be perfect because you have in your mind you wont be good enough of a hunter to the males. I remember going with my parents every year before i could hunt to sit with them in the stand or in the van that my mom would always stand by. I learned from them how to be a good hunter from being quite to the more complex stuff like gutting out the deer. Doe season had great details and it made me feel like i was out there in the bitter cold opening morning. Some people think hunting is horrible and ask how can you kill something so innocent. Well if it were not for hunters there would be deer getting hit by cars left and right so hunting is a very important way of life. Andy doesn't know if she is ok with the whole fact of killing this doe. She does but realizes that this was not for her which is totally ok, she wants to fit in so much with her father and not let him down that she doesn't find herself until they begin to field dress the doe. She then wants to be called Andrea and be the girl that stays home with mom and gets treated like a girl. I think all of us need that re assurance of who we are.

No comments: