Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Doe Season

When I read this story, it reminded me of my first deer hunting experience. The characters were the same in number, my Dad uncle Ernie and cousin Paul. This story brought back memories of the hunt, the smells, the crisp air the coldness the sounds of the forest. It made me chuckle too remember all the goofy things that I did and the goofy things that happen to me during the first hunt. Finally a story I enjoyed reading so far, guess it was because of the closeness of the characters and the way things happened. Even though the writer was a man it made me wonder how he knew of the feelings of Andy and what things went through her mind unless someone told him about these things. Being a girl and having different thought process then a boy would have. The only way that could happen was that someone shared there thoughts with hem. People think that deer hunting is a crime but I believe that deer hunting is a humane way of helping controlling the deer population so they would not over breed and become sick and die a slow and horrible death.And I know some will argue but to me, I would rather die quickly then to die from a disease an suffer longer. I liked the part of the comparison to the ocean and the Forest. The drift of ones mind to a different place and a different time seeing other people and the fun times they had with others. My mind drifts as well it goes back in time to different places and sometimes I wonder what if? But, I am so glad I still have a chance to do that and to have the memories of the younger years. Each of us has a good chance of going into adulthood and making memories and each of us will have different rituals for doing that. I hope that everyone who has made that change has fond memories and have the chance to tell others their story to others whether it is in book form or verbally.

No comments: