Friday, February 13, 2009

Doe Season

Doe Season is a story that relates to the Minnesotan area. I myself am not a hunter, but a lot of my friends are so I hear a lot of stories about their hunting adventures. I like how this story shows that girls can do things guys can do just as good. It also shows that Andy has courage to actually shoot the deer because she had different thoughts about it. She didn’t want the deer to end up suffering, in the end it did anyway. Her dream about the deer was pretty cool I thought. It showed the pain the deer was going through when the deer’s heart started to burn around Andy’s hand. It shows how much she loves the outdoors and animals, but she doesn’t like to kill them she realizes. She has a very strong bond with her father also. She sticks up for her and lets her take the shot at the deer because she found it and he believes she can shoot it. She also says she wants to be called Andrea instead of Andy because she realized who she wants to be in life now. I think this story was easy to understand and comprehend also. The author explains everything so well.

No comments: