Thursday, February 12, 2009

A&P

The story A&P by John Updike was kind of confusing to me at first. It really never said what the story was about or where it was headed. All he really did was expalin every charatcter in a very detailed way. He explained how there were three girls and the way they were dressed and how they acted with their bodies etc. Until I came around to the end of the story I got why he explained these characters in such detail. When Sammy's manager called the girls out for what they were wearing, and then the way Sammy acted towards it made sense. I can see in a few different ways he quit and then again I think it was kind of dumb in a way. Some reasons why I think it was okay for him to quit is because he knew that his parents were going to be very upset with him if he did, but he walked out anyway. Also, I think maybe he was standing up for his beleifs and he didn't appreciate the way his boss came at the girls, he may feel like his boss couod have approched the girls in a better way than wat he did. Now, some reason's I think it was dumb for him to quit is that you can also maybe tell that he was just tryin to "show off" for the girls and look "cool" in front of them, and maybe they would ask him to hang out. When Sammy walked out the girls were no where to be found, so it kind of seemed very pointless for him to quit so not oly did he just quit and the girls were no where to be found, now he has to go to his house with nothing to do and his parents are goin to be very upset with him. Overall, the story was very well laid out once it got to the end I finally understood it, and I like how detailed everything was it really helps you put the story in your head and understand it better.

No comments: