Thursday, February 26, 2009

"I wandered lonely as a cloud"

William Wordsworth wrote a poem called "I wandered lonely as a cloud".  I think that when he was growing up he never took time to notice the beauty in nature. Finally taking time to stop for a moment and capture the beauty that was lurking around him it made him open his eyes.  As he was walking in the country there was a cool breeze and as far as he could see was a non ending patch of "golden daffodils" that stretched beside the lake. This story caught my eye because i love daffodils there is something about how they look and smell. Being outdoors is what i enjoy to do on my free time in the summers.  The waves seemed to be dancing with the daffodils. I can relate to that because i grew up on a lake when there is the slightest wind there would be little waves flowing across the water and reaching up to the trees that would surround me.  That memory in his mind has now been preserved just like is has been preserved in my memory.  The scene of the blowing daffodils helped him become not so lonely. His heart is now filled with pleasure when he knows he is companied by daffodils that brought happiness back into his life. I think it took awhile to realize where the beauty of life has been the whole time, when he finally just took the time to realize it has been around him the whole time.

No comments: