Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Story Kite Runner Blog C

Amir and Hassan aren’t every good friends anymore or not friends at all. It seems that Amir is done with helping Hassan now. The last time they went up to the hill Amir hit Hassan “Hit me back!” I snapped. Hassan looked from the stain on his chest to me” (92). Right there I felt that they have lost of what happens to many friendships and wouldn’t be the same after that. “ What am I going to do with you Hassan? What am I going to do with you”(93). Amir just wants to worry about himself and not to worried about both Hassan and himself so Amir decides to let Hassan go as a friend and moves on. Later on in the book when you read you see that Amir has been interested in someone.
In Chapter 12 you see that Amir is looking at Soraya which Amir finds very interesting and wants to be with her. When Baba and Amir are in the flea market Amir runs off to get them a coke, and amir stops to see Soraya. “Salaam,” I said “I’m sorry to be mozahem, I didn’t mean to disturb you”(145). After that moment at the flea market Amir wanted Soraya more.
When Baba got sick he didn’t want to go to the doctor at all and wasn’t worried about getting sick or even dying. Amir gets worried about his father Baba and makes him go to the doctor but Baba won’t go see any doctor at all, he doesn’t want to see an American doctor. “Baba, I read Dr. Schneider’s biography in the waiting room. He was born in Michigan. Michigan! He’s American, a lot more American than you and I will ever be!”(145). Soon after this Amir wants to get married and looks to Baba for help. “I want you to go Khastegari, I want you to ask General Taheri for his daughter’s hand”(161). After Baba talks with general Taheri, Amir finds out that they will be getting married.

No comments: