Wednesday, February 20, 2008

After The Last Kite Fell....The Kite Runner.

Amir is growing from his youthful ways into adulthood. Amir has gone from poking fun at Hassan to courtship. I believe this is a key prospective in the story. In the beginning of the story Amir was childish in his ways. " I had abandoned the text altogether, taken over the story, and made up my own, Hassan, of course, was oblivious to this" (Hosseini 30). Amir has developed his character. He is now a young man and has strayed away from this. He's now ready for commitment and for his life to begin. "That summer of 1983, I graduated from High school..." (Hosseini 131). This was a mile stone for Amir to cross. He now had an education and was learning the civilized ways of America. He was making his Baba proud.
Now comes Amir's final jump into adulthood. His Soraya he had finally found. Amir has now found, what is to him, his life's partner. "My heart stuttered at the thought of her. Soraya Thaheri. My swap meet princess" (Hosseini 142). Amir continued to grow quite fond of Soraya which developed into much more. Amir decided that he was mature enough that he was ready to pursue his life long partner. After his father becomes ill he has one more thing to ask his Baba. "i want you to go khastegari. I want you to ask General Taheri for his daughter's hand" (Hosseini 161). This is the peek of Amir's growth in to adulthood. I believe that Amir's growth is essential to the story, and he is finally starting to grow.

Jason Brown

No comments: