Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Rose for Emily

"A Rose for Emily", may be one of the most intersting stories I have read in a long time. When I read it at home for the first time, I really didn't even know what to think about it. I was confused and had no idea what I just read. Although after doing some in class projects I really enjoyed it and have since reread it to get a better understanding. Emily is a soft hearted women who you think is just a mean person, but she isn't. She is almost lost in time she is a very traditional woman. When she finally passes away and they find the hair around her neck. I was very disturbed, until I finally realized that it was from her lover. Who had passed away before her. Although the story is one of my favorites so far you may not like it, but give it a more in depth look and they you may understand more. Definately worth reading "A Rose for Emily" and get your won feelings bout the short story.

No comments: