Sunday, March 29, 2009

Flood of 09

Reality did not hit me until Friday when I drove over Veteran's Memorial Bridge on 10. You could never see any water when driving over it before and that night I started to cry, the water was to the sides of the bridge. Oh My God kept going through my mind and I immediately started to pray. I went to the hotel that night to relax and warm up in the hot tub after sandbagging that night with a friend that was also helping. I did not realize the hotel was right next to a land built dike, I then began to freak out "why am I here why am I here." I am glad that I went though if I never would have seen that river I would still probably be in denial. Seeing all the people that come out to sandbag was incredible, people from the cities who have no family or friends around here still came because they really wanted to help. Seeing the outreach is amazing. Even though the river is going down we still have a lot of work ahead of us. The clean up has not even begun and will take months to do. People will need to find new homes because theirs have been completely damaged or need new construction to rebuild their home. In these times some people may not have the money to fix their home. We all need to stay strong and keep helping others. I hope everybody stays safe and strong. I can not wait to start discussing stories again and win this fight.

1 comment:

College Research Papers said...

Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.