Monday, March 2, 2009

I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud

Out of all the stories that were supposed to be read today, I wandered as a cloud was my favorite. I liked how the author used metaphors at similes to create imagery. The image of the cloud brings out how carefree wandering is. The plot is extremely simple and easy to understand what is happening. The speaker is compared to a cloud. I think the reason the author did this was because clouds are so far away from everything and that is how they character felt in this story, lonely. Then the character discovers of a field of daffodils by a lake. The daffodils seem to comfort him when he is lonely and cheer him up. The imagery that the speaker used made me picture the daffodils in my head. Overall, I think this story was peaceful and makes you relax. Nature in this poem seemed to calm the character down and make him feel that he is not so alone.

No comments: