Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fargo Flood 2009

Wow. It's very frightening what is going on here. From a distance many could see that this winter was going to lead to flooding, but not of this magnitude. I myself am shocked at how bad things have gotten. Family members are calling and saying they are being evacuated and it's just sad to hear. I went sandbagging the other day and it was good to see how many people were there. I started at the dome and the place was packed with people coming and going. It really was an inspiring sight. I really hope that we can keep up with all of the flooding. This whole situation has really left me feeling just awstruck. I never thought that stuff like this would happen here, so close to home. I remember Grand Forks in 1997, but never really thought it would happen again. I just can't believe the magnitude of this flood. Everyone I know is being affected by this disaster, whether it be school, work, or other things. It's just really sad that this is happening and causing so many problems for people. I really hope it gets under control soon, and does as little damage as possible at this point.

No comments: