Tuesday, April 7, 2009

flood

The flood this year has been pretty intense. I am one part of the area of moorhead that had to evacuate my home, but thank goodness I am back in it now. I feel though as if our town probably should have done a littl better job on creating a better system for something like this. It happened in 1997, and there will probably be plenty of more floods in the years to come. The city should think about building a better dike, or do something to help out the city of fargo/moorhead. Just like Grand Forks built those gates, so they are doing just fine. Our community has done so much to try and prevent this flood from getting any worse, and I think everyone has done a great job! hopefully their predictions about another crest is wrong!! cross those fingers!

No comments: