Monday, April 6, 2009

Flood 2009

What a scary time in our lives. I didn't live in Fargo for the flood in 1997 so this was a new situation for me, it was kind of crazy everything that was happening around us. I went to the dome and helped sandbag there and it was amazing to see all the people that were there helping and also I talked to some people that weren't even from Fargo, this one guy said that he was just here helping cause his daughters go to college here. I also met these boys who were probably 12 years old and they were from Rodgers, MN. I think that its amazing the amount of support that the town of Fargo-Moorhead received during this time of need. I knew that the flood was real but for me it didn't really hit me till they evacuated Meritcare. I have always felt secure that I have a job and that working in the health care field you will always have people sick and will always have a job. But when they evacuated the hospital and I no longer had a job to go to that is when the Flood 2009 effected me personally. Working in a hospital for six years I know that they do not close a hospital unless it is serious and Thursday night when they evacuated that's when I knew that it was bad. My home is not effected by the flood but I feel so bad for those people that have lost their homes and they are in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: