Monday, March 31, 2008

Ozymandias

This was a great poem, i mean the meaning that was said in this and how many people was speaking in the poem, which i didn't catch until class today but when we talked about it, it great! To me this poem seemed like a ruler/King thought that he had it all. I mean you can only have some much power until you get over powered by your own power, and what i mean is that, you have some much power that you think that no one can conquer you. You can live this great life and have made something out of nothing or made something out of something, it doesn't matter because you come into this world alone and you are going to leave this world alone i think. In this poem is kind of shows that I believe, Of how he had can all this way and all of his works, that he wouldn't be able to take with him when he dies and you can only be remembered for so long so over time people are going to for get what happened and someone else is going take that place where you use to be.

2 comments:

brownie said...

I thought that the whole 4 speaker aspect of this poem was quite unique as well. I'm glad that you pointed that out. I think it's an important aspect of the poem. Good job!!!

Sarah Davidson said...

I think the whole 4 speaker aspect of this poem made it alot harder to understand i did not get it at all until discused in class. However the whole comment on " He wouldnt be able to take it with him when he dies" is soo true its the legacy you live behind that last not the things you leave behind. My grandma lived a great life and left behind a great legacy and will be remembered my not just by my family but many other lifes she affected which leaves her a part of the earth longer then many others in this world. I think its all about who you are while your here make the best of the life you have...cus you only live once.