Monday, April 14, 2008

The way love works

In the poem "Porphria's Lover" is was to me that this guy was one crazy man. Right away when you read this you see how he kind of feels about this woman that doesn't really know if she wants to be with him or not, but as you read on in the poem you see that the woman leave the place she was at to go see him and she did this on her own. The was a place in the poem at which i didn't understand and to seem it felt as if he was wowed by her coming! "And, last, she sat down by my side/And called me. When no voice replied,/She put my arm about her waist," (Browning l. 14-16) When i read this is was like he felt she is here and she likes me and wants to be with me. He didn't see this coming and was at a shock with her being right there next to him. After this happened he kind of goes crazy in the head in knowing that she wants to be with and he doesn't want her to be with anyone but him and to a sure that he goes off and kills her. I don't think he planned it from what the poem has stated. I found that this poem is interesting and a great reading to see how someone can go from a great state of mind to a totally different one within a few minutes maybe even seconds. There is one thing in this poem that i really can't see happening because why on earth would someone let someone do this. "Three times her little throat around," (Browning l. 40). See three times, its going to be pretty hard to get around someones throat three time let alone two times. Other than that i enjoyed this poem!

No comments: